Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I HAVE A 2005 fORD eSCAPER ltd AND THE RADIO PLUS DISPLAY…

Customer Question
I HAVE A 2005...

I HAVE A 2005 fORD eSCAPER ltd AND THE RADIO PLUS DISPLAY HAS STOPPED WORKING. fUSES HAVE BEEN CHECKED AND IN INTERNET SEARCH i FOUND OUT THAT THIS IS A FORD PROBLEM AND THEY ACTUALLY HAVE A RADIO EXCHANGE PROGRAM FOR THIS PROBLEM

Mechanic's Assistant: Most vehicles have two fuse panels. Have you located both?

YES

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your LTD yourself? What have you tried so far?

JUST PULLING THE FUSES AND CONFIRMING THEY ARE NOT BLOWN

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

YES THE VOLUME ALMOST SEEMS TO HAVE A MIND OF ITS OWN AS IT IS DIFFICULT TO CONTROL THE VOLUME

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Ford
3/25/2018
Ford Mechanic: EricFromCT, Ford Technician replied 5 months ago
EricFromCT
EricFromCT, Ford Technician

Hi. Welcome to chat! My name is ***** ***** I am currently a factory dealer auto mechanic. I will attempt to assist you with your concern today.

Yes what you describe with your radio was a common concern for those.

Customer Satisfaction is my #1 goal!

1. I am a FACTORY DEALER auto mechanic and also answer questions here on Just Answer.

2. When you are pleased or happy with my assistance or efforts to help you, at the top of the screen please rate me by clicking on the stars.

3. Rating does not close the post and you're more than welcome to ask follow up questions.

Thank you for using Just Answer and allowing my to assist you!

Do you have the radio removed?

Is there a Ford radio exchange program as I do not want to spend tons of money on a vehicle 13 years old
What was the Ford radio issue
No radio is still installed but can remove it

The display would go out or the volume couldnt be controlled or it wouldnt power on and off.

It is an exchange program like you have to give them your old radio but you still have to pay for a new one. The price sill depends on the style of radio.

No display, radio or volume control

If nothing works on the radio have you made sure that it is getting power?

Customer Satisfaction is my #1 goal!

Will pull radio and confirm

Ok. Let me know. Note that you can rate this chat session with the stars above and you can bookmark this page to come back in the future to continue and with follow up questions.

Customer Satisfaction is my #1 goal!