EricFromCT
EricFromCT, Ford Technician
Experience:  20 years dealership exp., ASE A1-A9 L1 L2, Ford Lincoln Mercury Senior Master, Diesel Certified
34559540

I HAVE A 2005 fORD eSCAPER ltd AND THE RADIO PLUS DISPLAY

Customer Question

i HAVE A 2005 fORD eSCAPER ltd AND THE RADIO PLUS DISPLAY HAS STOPPED WORKING. fUSES HAVE BEEN CHECKED AND IN INTERNET SEARCH i FOUND OUT THAT THIS IS A FORD PROBLEM AND THEY ACTUALLY HAVE A RADIO EXCHANGE PROGRAM FOR THIS PROBLEM
JA: Most vehicles have two fuse panels. Have you located both?
Customer: YES
JA: Are you fixing your LTD yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: JUST PULLING THE FUSES AND CONFIRMING THEY ARE NOT BLOWN
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: YES THE VOLUME ALMOST SEEMS TO HAVE A MIND OF ITS OWN AS IT IS DIFFICULT TO CONTROL THE VOLUME
Category: Ford
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 7 months ago.

Hi. Welcome to chat! My name is ***** ***** I am currently a factory dealer auto mechanic. I will attempt to assist you with your concern today.

Yes what you describe with your radio was a common concern for those.

Customer Satisfaction is my #1 goal!

1. I am a FACTORY DEALER auto mechanic and also answer questions here on Just Answer.

2. When you are pleased or happy with my assistance or efforts to help you, at the top of the screen please rate me by clicking on the stars.

3. Rating does not close the post and you're more than welcome to ask follow up questions.

Thank you for using Just Answer and allowing my to assist you!

Do you have the radio removed?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Is there a Ford radio exchange program as I do not want to spend tons of money on a vehicle 13 years old
What was the Ford radio issue
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
No radio is still installed but can remove it

The display would go out or the volume couldnt be controlled or it wouldnt power on and off.

It is an exchange program like you have to give them your old radio but you still have to pay for a new one. The price sill depends on the style of radio.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
No display, radio or volume control

If nothing works on the radio have you made sure that it is getting power?

Customer Satisfaction is my #1 goal!

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Will pull radio and confirm

Ok. Let me know. Note that you can rate this chat session with the stars above and you can bookmark this page to come back in the future to continue and with follow up questions.

Customer Satisfaction is my #1 goal!