Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have an intermitant abs light showing up. any ideas? It is…

Customer Question
I have an intermitant...

I have an intermitant abs light showing up. any ideas?

Mechanic's Assistant: Is it just the ABS light? Or is the brake system warning light on, too?

It is strictly the abs light. it will come on every 2 or 3 days , i pull off the side of the road, shut down the engine and restart and the light will be off for 2 or 3 days then will come back on. i repeat the shut down and it will repeat the same again.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Ford?

1999 f-150 4x2 xlt

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your F150 yourself? What have you tried so far?

No as to fixing it myself. i am suspecting the a b s module as i had a similar a similar situation about a year ago on my 2003 wind star van. that cost an arm and a leg. the one difference was that the brake light did not come on.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Nothing i can think of.

Submitted: 26 days ago.Category: Ford
3/25/2018
Ford Mechanic: kalamykid, Shop Owner/ Tech replied 26 days ago
kalamykid
kalamykid, Shop Owner/ Tech

Do you know if you have 4 wheel abs or just rear wheel abs?

Ron, ASE Certified Technician