Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a2000. F150 5.4L cranks but wont not start not even…

Customer Question
I have a2000. F150...

I have a2000. F150 5.4L cranks but wont not start not even with starting fluid,checked the fuel it has fuel it has spark just keep turning over and over.what is the problem?

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the engine's fuel supply? And the spark plugs -- are they all working?

Yes I have checked the engine fuel supply and the spark plugs they have& and spark.

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your F150?

2000f150 5.4L

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your F150 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Check the fuel rail,check for spark,spray starting fluid won't run just cranks over.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Check the fuel switch on passenger side the button is down. It will set about two days then I'll go out and start it up,run all day the next morningo out to start it and it won't start wait a day or two then it will start up.and run.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Ford
3/25/2018
Ford Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 2 months ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka-Moose).

• THE TIME I AM ONLINE, 7 days a week normally online around midday and then late evening until early morning.
  • PHONE CALLS are automatically offered by the website normally after my first reply. I complete calls where I feel it is a benefit.
  • UPLOADED LINKS I SEND, if I upload dropbox links, they will open on a home PC, often they fail on a work PC, on a phone use the box on the top right of your phone screen for direct download.

If you have spark then it should start using ether.

Have you checked to see if its flooded?

Do you know the fuel pressure?

Have you verified injector pulse?

No can't smell has , Yes checked it at the fuel rail,no I haven't verified pulse.it won't start with starting fluid,checked for spark, have spark,
It ran just fine all day, next moring,it just cranks wont start let set about two days. go out it starts right up. it start up and runs for a day or two then next moring just cranks wont start

What happens if you apply full throttle and crank the engine?

What is the fuel pressure with the key on?

Have you pulled a plug to see the color on the tip?

Nothing just cranks wont start don't remember the fuel pressure no. It was high plug has some carbon on it.
Everything you told me to check I have checked out.don't know what to do,

Can you check the injector pulse and let me know that result?

The fuel rail is full it's has good pessure.

You mentioned that in your last reply. I am asking about fuel injector pulse. Is it occurring?

Don't know can't work on truck now no lights.

Can you check that tomorrow and report back?

tomorrow morning thank you good night.

Thanks

Hello, Chris here again,

I am checking in to make sure you got everything you expected from my response. If any part of my response is unclear, please let me know. It’s my goal to deliver excellent service, so if I've done that, please don't forget to give me a 5-star rating.You can still reply. I want to make sure you were pleased with what you paid for.

Thanks Chris