Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Will crank, but will not start. Checked the fuel supply is…

Customer Question
Will crank, but will...

Will crank, but will not start

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuel supply? And are all the spark plugs working?

Checked the fuel supply is as far as I've gotten.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Ford?

1999 Ford Ranger

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Ranger yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes, I am working it myself. I have verified that fuel is coming to the engine.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Vehicle has been sitting up for a few months. It ran before then, put a new fuel pump.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Ford
3/25/2018
Ford Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 2 months ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is a system automated prompt , not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

OK how did you check fuel?

Have you tried spraying start fluid in the intake ?

you answered yes to 2 questions?

New fuel pump & check the port on the engine. Got fuel through Schaefer valve.

ok have you tried spraying fuel in the intake to see if it run?

I sprayed some starting fluid into the intake

and then?

Started for about 2-seconds
Battery completely dead this morning. There is a clicking noise coming from behind the dash, is this normal?!!
Ford Mechanic: AMEDEE, FORD TECHNICIAN replied 2 months ago
AMEDEE
AMEDEE, FORD TECHNICIAN

Hello!

Different expert here.

Do you still need help?

Would you be willing to speak on the phone?

Never mind, found the problem, ok sensor not showing oil pressure.

Sounds good glad to hear it.