Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a Ford Escape xlt 2008 and have troubles installing a…

Customer Question
I have a Ford...

I have a Ford Escape xlt 2008 and have troubles installing a left front axle after installing a transfer case....help please.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Escape yourself? What have you tried so far?

The right side axle goes right in and the tire is actually on....done. The driver side axle just will not go into the tranny. Yes, I am working on it with a bud.

Mechanic's Assistant: How old are the tires? And have they been a problem in the past?

No problems with tires ever....the tranny is fine.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

None I guess.....just need help getting that axle in.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Ford
3/25/2018
Ford Mechanic: David Craig, Auto Mechanic replied 3 months ago
David Craig
David Craig, Auto Mechanic

Hi my name is ***** ***** I'll be more than happy to assist you. Please allow me a few minutes to review your information. Thank you

as long as the splines line up with the differential side gear splines and the circlip should be felt as you push it in. if that doesnt work use a dead blow to tap it in.

well it late, so I'm signing off. I'll be back on in the morning. let me know how it goes. thank you.

hows it going?