Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My horn just nstart blowing and won't stop, i could'nt find…

My horn just nstart...

My horn just nstart blowing and won't stop, i could'nt find a fuse or a relay to un plug so i had to take out the horn, i would like to fix it but not sure where to start

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? How old is the battery?

The car is 86000 mls the battery is 3 months old

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Ford?

2006

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

It started blowing intermittently prior to this.

3/25/2018
HDGENE
HDGENE, Ford Senior Master/Diesel/Trans

Hello, and thank you for using Just Answer! My name is***** me a few moments to review your question and Ill do my best to assist you.

Hello, what kind of ford is this? a car or truck, what model?was any repairs done and now the horn is blowing? any warning lights on when running?

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
Ok

Hello??

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
Hi

Hello, I asked a couple of questions about what kind of car this is etc, can you give me more information please.

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
It's a 2006 Ford explorer, the horn started working intermittently and then it just started blowing and couldn't stop.
Customer reply replied 26 days ago
I couldn't find a fuse or relay to unplug so I had to disconnect the horn

Ok, no airbag warning light is on or other warning lights?

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
No, only my tpm light

Ok, its a question of if the horn relay is stuck or if there is a problem with the horn switch in the airbag/the horn contact point. Fuse F2 a 50 amp fuse in the underhood fuse panel is for the horn, the horn relay is part of the smart junction box inteiror fuse panel. A scan tool would need to be used to check the horn relay and its circuit operation. If the horn pad is worn it can short out and complete the circuit but this is pat of the airbag circuit, so if you havent worked with this before, you may want to let a shop do it to prevent the airbag from going off.

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
I checked the air bag and contact in the steering for the horn and those are fine, I think it's a relay problem, I can't find a relay or fuse for it.
Customer reply replied 26 days ago
Hello!!

Yes, as I mentioned, if its the relay its part of the smart junction box which is a programmable module. you will need a dealer /high end scan tool to test and check the circuit. If the module is bad it must be reprogrammed to the vehicle with a dealer style scan tool

The scan tool will show by looking at active live data if the horn pad is showing it is being depressed or not. If so, the problem is with the air bag/horn contact, if not it is in the SJB module

HDGENE
HDGENE, Ford Senior Master/Diesel/Trans
HDGENE
HDGENE
HDGENE, Ford Senior Master/Diesel/Trans