Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Fixen to replace cam position sensor. Some times it won't…

Fixen to replace cam...

Fixen to replace cam position sensor

Mechanic's Assistant: Okay, I'll connect you to the mechanic to discuss this further with you. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know?

Some times it won't start and I can turn key off and on then it will start and sometimes it will have a little backfire after it does

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/24/2018
john -aka eauto
john -aka eauto, The Car Guy

Ok year make and model please?

1993 ford ranger
For the most part it runs fine but ever now and then it won't start unless you turn key on and off then when it does it will backfire before it clears out and start running good

What motor?

2.3
Does that sound like a problem that I could be having

Very possible yes

Thanks john

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

john -aka eauto
john -aka eauto, The Car Guy
Is the cam sensor and the crank sensor the same