Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I believe it’s the sjb. 07 fusion sel manual transmission…

Customer Question
I believe it’s the...

I believe it’s the sjb

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Ford?

07 fusion sel manual transmission 2.3 l

Mechanic's Assistant: Has the clutch been slipping? Are you having any trouble shifting?

No not at all, the front blinkers aren’t working with good bulbs+ the right side will not turn off with the car. I’ve been pulling my battery cable when I park for long periods

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Fusion yourself? What have you tried so far?

I’d like to if possible. Haven’t really tried anything, just been reading online forums and most all say the smart junction box is the culprit. I’d like to find at least the part # so my search can get a lil easier

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

3fahp08z07r110208 My vin

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Ford
3/24/2018
Ford Mechanic: Michael, Ford Senior Master Technician replied 3 months ago
Michael
Michael, Ford Senior Master Technician

Hello, my name is***** will be assisting you today. Give me a moment to review your question.

You are correct in your assumption. With the light staying on I too believe your smart junction box has failed. The part number for the Smart Junction Box is 6E5Z-15604-AB. It is available from Tasca Parts for $256.98.

https://www.tascaparts.com/oem-parts/ford-control-module-6e5z15604ab/?c=Zz1lbGVjdHJpY2FsJnM9YW50aS10aGVmdC1jb21wb25lbnRzJmk9TVgwNjEzNjUmcj1sYXllcl8xJmE9Zm9yZCZvPWZ1c2lvbiZ5PTIwMDcmdD1zZSZlPTItM2wtbDQtZ2Fz

After replacement it will require configuration by a factory scan tool to operate properly.

Is there a way to reset it instead of replace it?

Unfortunately no. The light being on means that a FET transistor in the module has failed. The only possible repair will be replacement of the module.

If I can be of any further assistance do not hesitate to ask. If not, please rate my service. If for any reason you feel you cannot rate my service five stars please let me know.