Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a e-150 i've been working on for several months...

Customer Question
hello, I have a e-150...
hello, I have a e-150 i've been working on for several months... its condition is poor because of chemical damage to the electrical ground... zzzI have disconnected the blower motor... and the dome light... the dome light was the first thing to quit.So, I could not shift it out of park one day... and replaced the brake light sensor on the brake assembly. This was quickly broken once more. So, I replaced it again... And got a different model...Then, I replaced the battery; after I had dropped it. (dangerous) I replaced both rear brake lights and found one of them burnt out. It fried #10 and #11.
I replaced the turn signal assembly after getting away from it by pressing the hazards repeatedly and it quit.So today... following that same logic...zzz I have replaced the flasher relay just under the fuse box.There is a DC voltage from the turn signal flasher when looking that far away... but what now? There are no brake lights. No regular lamps. and no turn signals... however it does have reverse lamps and a mess of wires from the fuse box.How do I get the brake lights working again? X
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Ford
fuse #4 is a dead short)
holding the brake pedal shorts fuse #12
both the left and the right turn signal register a voltage. hazards register voltage. brake lights register voltage. brake light circuit trips fuse #12 while holding pedal.
Answered in 4 days by:
3/28/2018
Ford Mechanic: Jeremy, Certified Diesel Technician/Electrician replied 5 months ago
Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Diesel Technician/Electrician

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your question today.

I'm an independent contractor and I don't get paid until a rating has been made.

We can go back and forth as needed to help resolve the issue you are having. Follow-ups are free after ratings, so rate with confidence!

Have you unplugged both rear lamps and tested for voltage while also ruling out the fuse still blowing with the lamps unplugged and then pressing the brake pedal? That will help determine if the issue is in the lamps or further up, narrowing the issue.

_______________________________________________________________________________

You want a 5-star service and I want to provide a 10 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see, touch, smell, hear the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much I can back to you.

Once an answer is provided, you should see a rating screen. Please rate my personal service to you. The ratings are my personal feedback, they are not the site feedback.

Please note: The site does the phone call requests, not I. I do not generate the request. Same as the memberships. The only thing I ask for is a positive 5-star rating, when we are finished, for my personal service to you.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Jeremy

The hot leads at fuse #5 and fuse #1 https://www.justanswer.com/uploads/fordguy4u/2009-07-17_175026_A1.jpgare very similar to this:https://www.speedwaymotors.com/Speedway-Universal-22-Circuit-Wiring-Harness,229874.html?sku=91064022&utm_medium=CSEGoogle&utm_source=CSE&utm_campaign=CSEGOOGLE&gclid=EAIaIQobChMImueK-c2P2gIVElgNCh3beAf9EAQYBSABEgIuDvD_BwEentire apparatus... zzzSo, yes I was careful to remove and test them. All of them are operating correctly. I cant find the fourth... but both the reverse lamps are working correctly. Guesses are tracing the wires to what mechanism would help, while the same problem with the lamps happens when the voltmeter is connected; which shows a difference but not enough to light the lamps...zzz ?
pressing the brake pedal while directly observing fuse #11 with a flashlight trips the fuse with or without lighting the lamp...
with the reflector assembly removed (security screw) zzz
hello? I have an e-150 with a rear light problem. The reverse lights are working, but the rear brake and turn signals are not working. The signal relay and the signal switch have been replaced and there is a signal from the green/yellow wire leading to the rear. If both the purple/black and the green/yellow wires are shorted at the main light switch; the front turn signal lights are on. The rear lights do not work. I dont know where the black and red wire from the door switch goes or what it does. Where else can I look?
Ford Mechanic: eric remington,
 replied 5 months ago
eric remington

H​ello may I have vehicle identification number please? I can help you but may take some time...