Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 2004 ford expedition. The driver seat has stopped…

I have a 2004...

I have a 2004 ford expedition. The driver seat has stopped moving forward and back. The up down function still works. it is not a memory seat

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Expedition yourself? What have you tried so far?

Trouble shooting myself. havent tried anything yet. was thinking of getting a new motor and replacing

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? Is it an automatic or a manual transmission?

Automatic. About 169,000

3/24/2018
Scott W.
Scott W., Ford Technician

H​ello my name is ***** ***** me look at wiring diagram for you, give me a few minutes.

Ok i looked at a wiring diagram, since the seat moves up and down, this means power and ground to the switch is ok, it could be a bad horizontal switch or a bad motor, to test the switch and wiring, take a test light and go to the horizontal motor and disconnect it, then put the test light on the 2 wires in the connector and push the switch forward and back and the light should light both directions, if not, you have a bad switch or a bad wire, if it does light up both ways, the motor is bad.

Here is some info on the motors. Click here

If you have more questions just ask, all I ask, is when you are finished you rate my service today, as this is how I am paid for my time, thanks Scott

I need to remove the seat to make this test...correct?

It is a lot easier for sure.

Ok.
I'm heading to work now and will need to pull the seat tomorrow. can i reach out with more questions then?
Do you know the part number for a new switch or motor if either one of those is the issue?

I don't have access to parts, and really don't know which part is bad, the test light test will tell for sure. Yes you ask as many questions as needed, all I ask is you take the time to rate my service today, as this is how I am paid for my time, thanks Scott

You can always ask follow up questions, the system will let me know when you replied, thanks again.

Scott W.
Scott W., Ford Technician