Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 2007 f250 4X4 the four wheel drive is locked in…

I have a 2007...

I have a 2007 f250 4X4 the four wheel drive is locked in four wheel low and wont disengage. tried power off and on going forward an back an hitting brake. still locked

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? Has this ever happened before?

236K and no its always worked fine

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your F250 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Just happend as i moved my RV in the drive way. OFF an ON,moving an hitting brakes, checked fuse panel but dont know what fuse or relay is the control for 4X4.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Thats all

3/24/2018
Scott W.
Scott W., Ford Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** you tried placing transmission in neutral, brake depressed, not moving? Then shift out of 4x4 low? Does the 4x4 low light flash?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
i will try now

Ok

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
worked like a champ. It is free. How come these tidbits arnt known or told to owners. Have a great day

Thank you for your business!! Please take the time to rate my help as this is how I am paid for my time, thanks Scott

Scott W.
Scott W., Ford Technician
Scott W.
Scott W.
Scott W., Ford Technician