Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Down fault on the dash, blowmotor not coming on and electric…

Customer Question
Down hill fault on...

Down hill fault on the dash, blowmotor not coming on and electric steering assist is not working. It happened all at once

Mechanic's Assistant: How long has this been going on?

Parked it running fine, started it a week later and immediately

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Ford?

2013 f150 echo boost

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your F150 yourself? What have you tried so far?

All I have tried is unplugging the battery for an hour, trying to reboot the computer. Nothing changed

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Ford
3/24/2018
Ford Mechanic: Michael, Ford Senior Master Technician replied 3 months ago
Michael
Michael, Ford Senior Master Technician

Hello, my name is***** will be assisting you today. Give me a moment to review your question. If your VIN is available please send it to me.

Fuse 52 is the fuse box under the hood goes to both the blower motor and the power steering control module. Check that fuse and make sure it's not blown.

1FTFWET4DFB10733

Thank you for the VIN. Please double check it, it is one digit short.

First though, check fuse 52 under the hood.

1FTFW1ET4DFB10733
Fuse is good

Do you have a volt meter and the ability to use it?

Nope

When you checked the fuse did you remove it and inspect the socket for burns and loose pins?

all looked good. Also if I start wit remote it will not turn off with key. Have to use remote to turn back off

Unfortunately without a volt meter I'm not sure what you can check to further isolate the concern. I'm going to opt out to see if another expert can assist you.