Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a ‘14 Taurus; 2.0 Ecoboost, 83000 The car shut off on…

Hey Chad, I have a ‘14...
Hey Chad,
I have a ‘14 Taurus; 2.0 Ecoboost, 83000
The car shut off on my wife, restarted then died. My OBD II tool pulled down P00C6 and P0627 so I began looking at the fuel system. I have since discovered that I have direct injection which means a High Pressure fuel pump on the motor and a fuel delivery pump in the tank. I have not been able to locate a fuel filter so I am guessing that it is part of the fuel delivery pump. I am also aware that this system uses a fuel pump control module. Thanks to a previous post, I have finally located It behind the rear passenger seat.
I watched a video on determining whether it is that module or the fuel delivery pump. Unfortunately, I ran the battery down a bit trying to diagnose the issue. The instrument panel gave me a charging system error and I am currently trying to charge the battery.
The question I have is whether a battery issue might cause the initial symptoms. When I initially tried the charger, I found that it did not seem to be charging the battery very well. I did find some corrosion on the base of the terminal but the post and terminal surfaces seem okay. I have cleaned them and am trying the chareger again.
3/24/2018
Kenny Z.
Kenny Z., Ford Senior Master Tech

Hello, my name is***** and thanks for your question.

Were you able to bypass the driver module and see if it would run?

Not yet. I am charging the battery now.I don’t have a wiring diagram so I am not sure which wires are which.

OK that will be your next step. See attached diagram for bypass instructions. If it starts when bypassed the replace the module.

If you are satisfied with your answer, please take a moment to rate my service before you go. Experts are not compensated without a positive rating. Providing a rating does not close the question, you can reply or ask additional questions without incurring further charges. Rating my answer positive charges your account the full question value and credits me. Submitting for a refund removes the credit from my account and makes me donate my time and experience for free, which is not my intention. Please only rate positive if you are satisfied and intend on paying for the services you agreed to. Thanks!

Kenny Z.
Kenny Z., Ford Senior Master Tech

Thank you. Also if I can get the VIN number I would like to check for recalls. Some of these years had recalls on the module.

Hey Kenny,I just say your message about the VIN1FAHP2E97EG116799Bypassed the module, pump started to run as soon as the key hit the ignition. Thanks again for your assistance
I will get back to you later this evening to see if it's covered under recall or not
No worries. Thanks
You're very welcome

Sorry, no recall for the driver module for that VIN#. Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

Thanks again for all of your assistance, Kenny.

Your very welcome! Thanks for the generous bonus. Much appreciated!