Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

89 Bronco sat outside all winter in Wyoming - very cold. Now…

Customer Question
89 Bronco sat outside...

89 Bronco sat outside all winter in Wyoming - very cold. Now starts but shows no oil pressure. Stick indicates full oil level.. Oil on stick looks milky.

Mechanic's Assistant: How old is your oil pump? Has the check engine light come on?

Bought used so I assume original. No light.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Bronco yourself? What have you tried so far?

Myself.. Have not done anything yet. Thought I would change ail to begin with. When I parked it last fall the oil press was OK.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Nothing other than battery was down and took a long time to build up so the car would start. Engine was noisy at first but immediately quieted down.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Ford
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/24/2018
Ford Mechanic: rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor replied 3 months ago
rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor

Hello, my name is ***** ***** to Just Answer! I will be assisting you with your questions today. Give me one moment while I review this.

You have the signs of a blown head gasket. You need to do a compression /cylinder leak down test to confirm it. Don't run the motor like this, there is a lack of good lubrication.

Please understand that I don't know your skill level or tools
you have to assist us. Also understand that I can't see, smell,
hear, or touch the vehicle either, so your patience is
appreciated. JA is a great Q/A site, but it does not replace a
repair shop. So please don’t shoot the messenger if I have to
deliver bad news:)
pops up. I don’t get credit for helping you until
you rate me

Thanks, Ron

Did you have any more questions for me at this time?

Thanks again, Ron

Thanks again and please remember to rate me 5 stars now
and keep this link in case you need me again later on.
I don’t get credit for assisting you until you rate me
My goal is to assist you in the repair of your vehicle by
supplying you with well educated information. I may not
always have the exact fix you wanted to hear, but my job is
to get you on the right track, which I always do. I can’t hear,
see, smell or touch your vehicle from where I’m at, so your
understanding of that is greatly appreciated. There are no
magical answers, but I do my best to guide you in the right
direction.