Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 2013 F-350 super duty XL with the 6.7 power stroke.

I had to replace the...
I have a 2013 F-350 super duty XL with the 6.7 power stroke. I had to replace the main water pump. I was at to get that on and my fan all the way up to grill. Problem now is that it’s been a few weeks since I took all the hoses off that I thought needed to come off and I don’t quite remember how they all go back on. My question is, ate y’all able to send me a picture of the top of the engine that shows all those hoses and maybe something that shows it on pdf? Anything would be helpful.
3/24/2018
Scott W.
Scott W., Ford Technician

Hello my name is***** will see if I can find something

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Sounds good

Here is cooling system flow schematic, if there are other hoses in question, just take a picture and upload it and I will help find out where they go. Click here

Here is secondary cooling system. Click here

If you have more questions just ask, all I ask, is you take the time to rate my service today, as this is how I am paid for my time, thanks Scott. You can always ask follow up questions after rating.

Scott W.
Scott W., Ford Technician
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
If I need something else I will holler at ya. Thanks.

Awesome! Thank you for your business!

That first image is a fuel receipt. where does that plug in at?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
it was under battery box
reservoir
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
oh shit. lol wrong pic

Was there a vacuum reservoir under the battery box? I can't seem to find any pictures for the vacuum hoses.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Not that I remember. Seems like I don’t remember the other end attaching to anything
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
That was at 11:30 at night about 5 weeks ago too. I’m not at truck at the moment. Came to a couple of part houses and they don’t know

I would say it about has to hook back up, since it is right at that manifold, otherwise there would be a vacuum leak. I will keep looking.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok. When I get back to truck I’ll check that too

Ok

Here is another picture of the vacuum system. Click here

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Hey bud. Hope your good. I am wondering if the plastic clips to hook the white plastic clips that go on the smaller heater hoses. On the pic you sent yesterday it is Ref# *****(7H256) that I need it for. Where that connects to the small Degas bottle theres a quick connect fitting on the end of it with a white clip that holds it in place. I have dropped it into the engine compartment and I cannot find it. If you know a part number or what I need to look for that would be awesome
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It's ref# ***** in the secondary system

I​ don't have access to Ford parts catalog sorry, I tried looking online and couldn't find one. Your best bet is a local Ford parts department to help find the correct clip, If I did find one, it may have been wrong. Lol, If you have more technical questions feel free to ask, thanks Scott

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
sounds Good. I worked parts for 5 years at New Holland tractor dealership. You would think I would be able to find it but I cant either

S​eems like Ford parts is the most difficult to learn from what I have been told by partsmen.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I’m getting engine code b1678 on my Ford F-150 plat with eco 3.5. ???

What year is your f150? I will see if I can find this.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
2013

D​oes your scan tool say which module that code is for, I looked in BCM and couldn't find it.

Customer reply replied 30 days ago
The one code is actually B1676 not 1678. It’s got ABS highlighted above it

H​ere is the description for this code.

• DTC B1676 (Battery Pack Voltage Out of Range) — this DTC sets in every ignition cycle if, with the ignition in the RUN position and vehicle speed greater than 6 km/h (4 mph), the battery voltage is less than 10 volts or more than 17 volts. DTCs set in the ignition cycle can only be cleared by cycling the ignition off and on once the fault has been corrected.

​It could be battery charger on vehicle, low battery voltage, or if vehicle shows VSS vehicle speed while the key is turned on.

C109d i think is was that second code is, is for low engine vacuum, we replace quite a few vacuum pumps on the right rear of the engine.

P0302 is cylinder misfire 2, could be spark plugs or boots, or it could be a pcm reprogram for a misfire.

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
Does it matter that above B1676 and C109d the ABS is highlighted.

I​ am not real sure, not familiar with the scan tool you have.

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
55357;�. Thanks Scott

Thank you

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
The P0302 disappeared for some reason and my check engine light went off today. Thought that was weird because I haven’t done anything to truck

I bet you need spark plugs and coil boots, might be carbon tracked. Maybe a coil also.

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
That’s kinda what I was thinking too

Thanks

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
Thanks to you too. You’ve been a big help. I give ya ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ again

I appreciate it!!

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
Just want to tell ya I hit the refund button by mistake today. I had some billing issues and was clicking to fast with mouse. I apologize and hope it didn’t come out of your pocket
Thanks for the reply
If it did no worries. I’ll catch you next time. Lol
Customer reply replied 21 days ago
Hey bud I'm trying to finish ups that 2013 f-350 and I am having a hard time finding a diagram of how all the bleeder lines go. I had 3 different ones that broke and I want to make sure I hook them up in the right place

A​re you talking the abs lines? On the HCU?

Customer reply replied 21 days ago
THE ONE THING WITH THE WIRE HARNESS THAT PLUGS IN HAS A PART NUMBER OF 9L14-9H465-BA

I can't find any printable information for these vacuum line routings, but i can try to get some pictures from vehicles as they come in the shop. I just didn't know how you are on time for this, or I can opt out and see if another expert has some info. Let me know, thanks Scott

Customer reply replied 20 days ago
I actually stayed on google hunting until 12:30 last night but I found this diagram so I’ll share it with you so next time you will be able to pass it along. I appreciate you getting back with me though. I’ll have one other picture. I believe it powers the electric 4x4

A​w yes I see, those are good pictures, those are from the Ford parts catalog that I don't have access to, because I am not a parts man. Lol I wish I did though. Thanks for the reply.

Shop manual has nothing, lol.

Customer reply replied 20 days ago
No problem bud. I found those on Ford.parts.com. The crazy thing is the manifold and regulator had part numbers on them but they would not pull up on any search engine. Me being a parts guy those few years with CNH taught me that google is a powerful asset. Lol

Yes google IS a powerful tool, lol.

Customer reply replied 20 days ago
if that part is on that vehicle, there is a part breakdown somewhere. Probably not in section it should be but it’s there somewhere

Yes you are correct!

Customer reply replied 20 days ago
The worst part about this job is that when I unhooked those vacuum lines from the reservoir/battery box, the hose barn for bigger hose broke off at box. You have to buy the whole box to change it and it’s over $400. I’m trying to weld one back in there but I’m having trouble getting it to set and hold

Our body shop guys have some 2 part epoxy that sets up in minutes, you might give that a try.

Customer reply replied 20 days ago
I’ve tried the rapid fix first with the UV light and it looked promising but pulled apart. I tried the jb weld putty and it didn’t hold. I bought some of the jb weld 2 part today so hopefully it’ll hold tonight. I’ll let you know how it turns out

Ok, I used some the other day and it set after 15 seconds, i had to work fast.

Scott W.
Scott W.
Scott W., Ford Technician