Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Abs on my ford class c motor home warning light come and…

Abs on my ford...

Abs on my ford class c motor home warning light come and stays on after being on a rough road and will not go out. Mechanic says abs sensors are working. how do I check for loose wire's etc.

Mechanic's Assistant: Is it just the ABS light? Or is the brake system warning light on, too?

Abs light only

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Ford?

Glendale 1994

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes am starting as soon as I get it out of storage 2-3 weeks

3/24/2018
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager

HI,

Did this happen only once after going over a rough road, or does it happen everytime you go over a rough road?

Did the mechanic tell you or write down the ABS fault code numbers?

Did the mechanic try to erase the code and see if the code or ABS light came back on?

he said there was a loose connection in a hard to reach spot . after reset on a rough road it comes on and stays on

Did he mention if it was at the right rear, left rear, front right or left right? This is so I can pull a schematic to post here to show you exact location and how to best reach it

you can give me the info on line so I can remember all you say.dealing with a senior

HI,

Ok, no problem, but it would help if I know whether it is at the right rear, left rear, left front or right front wheel speed sensor connector in order to tell you how to reach the connector

I would be guessing but may be able to access the rig in the storage on monday

HI,

Didnt the mechanic tell you which speed sensor connector was causing the code to come on?

no at 135 an hr twice was enough
okay got the front pic
Thank you I wasn't sure I was right as to the location I know exactly where it is . could it be a fuseetc /
I think he said there was a connection ( splice)

HI,

Would not be a fuse.

Possible that it is at a splice pack, but unfortunately Ford does not give splice pack locations

Okay I will take it from here he said it was hard to get at I have an idea where it might be . Thank you so much for your time and help. I will contact you when I get it solved. Have a great easter next week . nick

You are welcome and have a great Easter as well

Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Cary York
Phone call session started