Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

The truck won't start. Alarm keeps going off. 2013 lariat.

Customer Question
The truck won't start...

The truck won't start. Alarm keeps going off

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you tried locking and unlocking the driver's side door using the key itself?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Ford?

2013 lariat

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

We have tried the door, disconnecting the battery cables

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

We are stuck on a frozen lake

Submitted: 29 days ago.Category: Ford
3/24/2018
Ford Mechanic: Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems replied 29 days ago
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

I m sorry to hear about ur issue ,we kind limited to what we can do , but If you stuck in frozen lake , means you do not have capable scanner to read anti theft module faults

You said you disconnected battery ,but have you tried like below procedure .

stuck on frozen lake ,could it be u had a weak battery and now battery is weak and read below 10.7 volts WHICH WILL TRIGGER ALARM , TRY RECHARGING IF ANOTHER VEHICLE IS AVAILABLE TO DO THAT OR CHARGER

Master Reset

1-Disconnect Both Battery Cables ,Positive & Negative .

2- Touch Cables With Each Other For 60 Secs ( this will take any residual power in the Harness to Reset the Vehicle Modules )

3- Wait 30 min

4- Close all doors and trunk

5- Reconnect Battery Positive First

6- Use The Key in The Driver Side Door

Lock Cylinder to Lock it & Unlock,IF You have only a Key Fob ,use it to lock and unlock

7- Enter vehicle and Start it .

if the above do not work , unfortunately You will need a Capable Factory scanner or equivalent to Read the Fault codes in the Anti theft module needed here ,that is done by hooking up the scanner to your vehicle DLC data port connector and based on these faults we can pull up a Pin Point Troubleshoot and be Accurate ,If you do get the Faults Read ,Please post them back here for me and I can Help You Further on it and send you the pin point troubleshoot to perform or the most possible causes for it .

Please Let Me Know

Thank You

Chad Farhat

Ford Mechanic: Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems replied 18 days ago

If more help is needed, Please use the reply Tab to continue our conversation.

, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click here or above).

You can Rate at Any Time and we Can Continue to work on your question as This Will Not Close out your Question.

I work on delivering the best answer and help but in some cases,

It can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat