Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I replaced the High Pressure Oil Pump in my 1997 E-350, 7.3…

Customer Question
I replaced the High...

I replaced the High Pressure Oil Pump in my 1997 E-350, 7.3 diesel. The old pump had a censor plugged to it. The new pump has no censor to connect to. Now the truck will not start. Is the failure to start due to the censor, or lack of censor on the oil pump? If so is there a way to by pass the censor?

Mechanic's Assistant: When was your last oil change?

3 weeks ago, and the oil is up.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your E350 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes I am doing the work myself. I checked the fuel bowl to be sure the truck has fuel. now i am unsure where to start looking. the only thing i changed was the censor on the oil pump.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I think that is all, thank you.

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Ford
3/24/2018
Ford Mechanic: Clifton B., ASE Certified Technician replied 1 month ago
Clifton B.
Clifton B., ASE Certified Technician

hi my name is ***** ***** i will be helping you today

you will have to get the correct pump install the computer will not let the truck start without the ccorrect sensor input or if the sensor reading is too low or too high

Ford Mechanic: Jeremy, Certified Diesel Technician/Electrician replied 29 days ago
Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Diesel Technician/Electrician

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your question today.

I'm an independent contractor and I don't get paid until a rating has been made.

We can go back and forth as needed to help resolve the issue you are having. Follow-ups are free after ratings, so rate with confidence!

The previous expert opted out. Do you still need assistance with this?

_______________________________________________________________________________

You want a 5-star service and I want to provide a 10 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see, touch, smell, hear the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much I can back to you.

Once an answer is provided, you should see a rating screen. Please rate my personal service to you. The ratings are my personal feedback, they are not the site feedback.

Please note: The site does the phone call requests, not I. I do not generate the request. Same as the memberships. The only thing I ask for is a positive 5-star rating, when we are finished, for my personal service to you.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Jeremy

Jeremy
Jeremy