Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2013 chevy impala trouble code p0496

2013 chevy impala trouble code p0496
3/23/2018
Ron, ASE Certified Technician

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you today. Give me just a moment to review your post, and I'll be right back with the help you need.

Kenny,

The common cause for the code P0496 to set on your Impala is in most cases due to a failing Evaporative Emissions (EVAP) Canister Purge Solenoid/Valve and in most cases replacing it will solve this code. See the replacement steps in the link below.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/5ti8g5aq0k7yhb7/Purge%20solenoid%20Mar%2023.pdf?dl=0

Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Replaced sensor code cleared 50miles it hasnt returned Thanks Ron Im Jb by the way

Glad you got it resolved and thank you as well.