Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I just bought a Ford Escape 2003, & my car keeps

Customer Question
I just bought a...

I just bought a Ford Escape 2003 , & my car keeps overheating, after changing the water . . Replacing the thermostat & water pipe , almost everything you could & now the car does even start?

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the coolant? Have you checked for a leak in the cooling system?

Coolant ?

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Escape yourself? What have you tried so far?

I have a mechanic working on my car but it’s seems he doesn’t really know what the problem is

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Before the car stop starting , when I would press the gas pedal the car would make a lound squeaking noise on the right side of the car ?

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Ford
3/23/2018
Ford Mechanic: Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems replied 1 month ago
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

Hey how are you ,I will Try to Help you with This Issue
In some cases, I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.
I am here Sunday through Friday from around 5 am to 9 pm Eastern time.Zone If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.
If you see a call request on your screen ,That is an automated feature the web site offers all customers.

Did it over heat on you and drove it hot where we blew a head gasket, was compression check ?

Did that shop scanned it for fault codes using capable scaner and if they did what were they ?

Are you looking for the most possible causes or you are repairing it yourself .

Please Let Me Know

Thank You

Chad Farhat

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I’m looking for the causes ? So I can know if I’m able too afford the problems to get fixed .. when the car over heated I heard a loud pop under the hood , but it was the rubber hose I’m guessing because I had to replace that .. I pulled over & the car was smoking bad .. after a few minutes I drove really slow to park the car .. after the car cooled down for hours it haven’t drove the same since ? What could be the problem after replacing parts & Car won’t start?

When it got hot ,did gauge HIT THE RED ON THE DASH ?

Was the rubber hose the Coolant hose replaced ?

smoking bad , from under hood , or from tail pipe ?

you drove for few minutes and temp gauges needle was in the red zone correct ?

after u let it cool down for hours ,you drove again or towed to shop ?

and finally what parts did shop change, radiator, water pump, hoses , pressure tested the heads ? what was done,

please let me know SO I m Accurate for you

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Definitely hit the red gauge , thats when I noticed but I also noticed all the needles on the dash board was going back & forth while driving �� the car started driving really slow I was on the highway so I kept driving then it started smoking & heard a lot pop I was on the highway but I had to pull over after that smoking became really bad .. from the anti freeze area of the car . The front hose was replaced first because it busted open badly .. after letting it cool down for hours I drove to the mechanic before the car heated up .but it wasn’t driving the same , it was making a loud squeaking noise when I press gas pedal . that’s when I replaced the front hose , & added a whole anti freeze , after he said I needed to change the water pump & ekg valve because it had a big whole in it .. I was told the problem should be fixed after but it wasn’t , he explained he had to drain the radiator?�� didn’t replace it tho .. after done he said he took the thermostat out cus it was bad , the car didn’t over heat for a while (30 mins while running) but he explained if he put the thermostat back in , the heat would work cus it never did ����‍♀️ So he puts it back in , & the needle would go to the red if I’m driving longer than 30 mins , so I replaced the thermostat.. after the car was smoking bad once again mechanic was pressing on gas pedal & it was smoking I guess cus it was overheating, after driving it the sound got worse . I parked the car home overnight to cool off next day Car won’t even start up?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
After lastly changing the thermostat the car sound was worst than before .. it never started back up
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
now I’m being told it needs a starter but I don’t feel like that could be just it , I did my red search on my own & I see a lot of videos about catylic converter can be clogged in need to b replaced , or a blown head gasket ?

Ok Thank You

What happened here , the thermostat was stuck while driving ,and the car over heated and blew up the head gasket ,now we have air going into the coolant system , that explains busting the hose , now after cool down and drove it ,damaged already happened and you lost compression on one or more cylinders , With that said ,what they should have done is a compression test and test the heads instead throwing parts at it , taking thermostat out will it make run and not get or takes it longer to get hot but it will eventually causing u can not stop the air being pushed from the heads into cooling system with out removing heads ,send them to machine shop ,mill them if warped and install new head gasket .

This shop does not know what he is doing , I suggest another shop or by now the repairs could cost as much as car ,I m sorry this happened to you but my advice cut losses and move on or find another shop to do the repairs , but you also need to keep in mind the coolant loss went thru the catalytic converter so after you do heads you might still needs catalytic converter since the coolant from blown head damage d them then you into deep in repairs ,HOPE THAT HELPS YOU MAKE A DECISION:))

Please Take a Second and Click the Stars at the Top of Your Screen To Rate Me , So I May receive My my Credit , A 5 Stars Rating is Much Appreciated

You are very welcome :)

Please Read Below How to Get Back in touch with Me

Follow Up Questions are Included in The Price of Your Question ,So Feel Free To Ask Me.

Please Keep in Mind that when you Rate Me , it Does Not End our Conversation.

You Can Always Come Back to this Conversation and Ask Me any Follow up Question you May have on this Issue

(You can Copy this Link Page & Paste it in your Browser when Ready and it will Open up our Conversation Again)

or there should be a Tab on your Screen to Add me As Your Favorite Expert

I'm Online Daily from 7 Am Till Late Eastern Time Zone

Thank You?Chad Farhat?ASE Certified Technician

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
How would I do that ? Does this job cost a lot ? Meaning I need a whole new engine ? I’m tired of people over charging me , i need to know my knowledge of this before I go dealing with anymore mechanics cus at this point I really can’t trust what they say after spending hundreds of dollars for my car not to start ?

Best thing to do here ,Is Another used engine with 12 month warranty ,

What to expect for price

1-Used Engine $600

2- To replace this engine it take 12 hours , depending where you live for labor rate , but if we say $100 ,that's $1200

Total should be $1200 + $600 + taxes and shop supplies (fluid and filters) = $2000 given and Take

So that what makes sense to do on this car , instead fixing the heads now and few month later the bottom of engine fail and u stuck again ,

good luck with it

If more help is needed, Please use the reply Tab to continue our conversation.

, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click here or above).

You can Rate at Any Time and we Can Continue to work on your question as This Will Not Close out your Question.

I work on delivering the best answer and help but in some cases,

It can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat