Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Radio does it work after disconnecting battery, how can I…

Customer Question
Radio does it work...

Radio does it work after disconnecting battery, how can I fix that please.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you tested the battery with a voltmeter? And can you see if it's leaking or not?

Battery is good

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Ford?

14 f 150

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes, tried remote start to see if it rebooted system. Also getting a 911 enabled message on radio screen when start truck

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Ford
3/24/2018
Ford Mechanic: Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician replied 3 months ago
Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician

Hello and welcome to just answer, my name is ***** ***** master tech of over 40 years experience here to help. I cannot see or hear your vehicle so I rely on your patience and input to my questions so I can help you better.I have read your notes and have a question before we proceed.

Have you checked your owner's manual if you have a radio that needs a code? This is what it sounds like, when you shut the power going to a radio that has anti- theft it puts a lock on it until you reprogram the code back into it. Sometimes they will write the codes in the manual or glove box.