Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2012 ford raptor wont shift out of park. No trouble codes,

Customer Question
2012 ford raptor wont...

2012 ford raptor wont shift out of park

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you have brake lights? Have any trouble codes popped up?

No trouble codes, yes on the brakes lights i took cosole off and the plastic piece that blocks shifter doesn't move out of the way i can manually push the plastic piece back and then it will shift out of park

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '12 Ford?

Raptor

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes trying to fix it myself see previous answer

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Ford
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/23/2018
Ford Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 3 months ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka-Moose).

• THE TIME I AM ONLINE, 7 days a week normally online around midday and then late evening until early morning.
  • PHONE CALLS are automatically offered by the website normally after my first reply. I complete calls where I feel it is a benefit.
  • UPLOADED LINKS I SEND, if I upload dropbox links, they will open on a home PC, often they fail on a work PC, on a phone use the box on the top right of your phone screen for direct download.

The cause is going to be a faulty brake shift interlock or the interlock is not getting a signal. See if the blue/orange wire is powered with the key on and while braking. If so then the interlock actuator is faulty. Bad news, it is not sold separate only in a complete new shifter assembly.

You now will see a rating scale 1=bad to-5=excellent because I have posted a full or partial answer instead of an info request. When you rate I get a portion of the deposit you made, no rating means you still paid, but I earn nothing. My goal is understanding your question, and addressing it in full detail. In return, receiving a 5-star rating. Rating does not close the post or stop the conversation. Please keep in contact and reply as much as needed. Thanks, Chris

Hello, Chris here again,

I am checking in to make sure you got everything you expected from my response. If any part of my response is unclear, please let me know. It’s my goal to deliver excellent service, so if I've done that, please don't forget to give me a 5-star rating.You can still reply. I want to make sure you were pleased with what you paid for.

Thanks Chris