Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I removed shifter linkage to get to the o2 sensor to replace…

Customer Question
I removed shifter linkage...

I removed shifter linkage to get to the o2 sensor to replace it i did that put it all back together now it wont shift out of low gear

Mechanic's Assistant: How old is the transmission? Have you checked the brake switch?

No whats that

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Ford?

1999 ford ranger v3.0 v6 two wheel no flex auto w/od

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Ranger yourself? What have you tried so far?

I had a bad cataletic converter had to replace it and all 3 o2 sensors to reach one of the sensors i dissconected tha shifting linckage

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I dont know

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Ford
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
3/23/2018
Ford Mechanic: Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager replied 2 months ago
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager

HI,

Ok, you will need to first do the shift cable adjustment and if still an issue, do the transmission range sensor alignment(this requires a special tool which you normally can get from NAPA or Carquest). Both procedures are contained in attached pdf file

If for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT/3 STARS OR HIGHER today. Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better. All follow up responses are FREE, after completing the required rating
Please remember to rate service using the separate rating page. Thank you
Please note that if you have a subscription service, you still are required to rate service, however you are not charged again. This is just so that your expert is credited for their time and services. Thank you.

If you have any other questions on this, feel free to ask for more help by clicking the REPLY TO EXPERT button, otherwise please click the OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE 3 STARS OR HIGHER to pay for services rendered per your customer agreement as this is a PAYSITE and experts are not paid for their time, services, or knowledge until you do so. Thank you.

Please note that your expert pays for requested directions out of pocket for your benefit. Failure to give a positive rating means that the expert will no longer be able to provide this service at substantial savings to you

At this time, please click the OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE 3 STARS OR HIGHER to pay for services rendered per your customer agreement as this is a PAYSITE and experts are not paid for their time, services, or knowledge until you do so. Thank you.

Unless you have a further question on this, please click the OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE 3 STARS OR HIGHER to pay for services rendered per your customer agreement as this is a PAYSITE and experts are not paid for their time, services, or knowledge until you do so. Thank you.