Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Im checking my 4-point trailer connection on my 2008 F-150…

Im checking my 4-point trailer...
Im checking my 4-point trailer connection on my 2008 F-150 4x4 have power to both left and right flashers but no power to tow or parking (lights) have head lights on
3/23/2018
Ron, ASE Certified Technician

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you today. Give me just a moment to review your post, and I'll be right back with the help you need.

I was working with you on this and you opted me out and I was unable to post back. Do you still need help?

have checked both left and right sides they work but no power to the lights pin I opted out after I couldn't get response they asked if wanted phone help I was trying to get back to you <Sorry
Standing by

Okay did you check all three pins and if so which one had no power?

The one that feeds the running lights

Okay that would be pin #3 which is the brown/white wire from the trail tow trailer lamp relay and it gets its power from the fuse F10 (20AMP) located in the interior fuse panel, can you check and see if you have power in and out of it with the tail lights on?

The F-10 20A fuse was blown

That is what I suspected, that should get you going and thank you as well. Please take a moment to rate my service at the top right hand side of the page so I can get credit for my time, the question remains open for follow up even after doing so, all you need to do is return to this question if need be.

Thank you again.

Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Changing blown fuse resolved the issue, I had previously checked the fuses but the owners manual pointed me to a different spot on the terminals,Ron's help put me right on the target area,Thanks for the quick response and professional help

Glad to hear you got it resolved and thank you very much as well. I'm here if you need any further help as well.