Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

When i accelerate beloe 90km/hr, the engine sound is really…

When i accelerate beloe...

When i accelerate beloe 90km/hr, the engine sound is really high but anything above 100, the sound becomes normal

Mechanic's Assistant: How old is the transmission? Have you checked the fuel filters?

I havent checked the fuel filters and the transmission aint that old(cant say for sure as i bought the car off a dealer late last year

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your car?

Its a 2009 Ford Fusion 2.4l automatic transmission

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Fusion yourself? What have you tried so far?

I havent tried anything im actually lookimg around for a good ford speacialist thats of course affordable

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No, thats all

3/23/2018
Shawn Few

Hi , I see that your question has been sitting for a while and has not been answered ,I m sorry for your wait and I like to assist you on it , if you still have not had the issue resolved

Ok
Well I haven't yet received a response

so the timing tensioner and the oil flow needs checked should be next step ,

This here sound like a timing chain tensioner ,weak and not pumping up until you reach a 100 and the oil flow is stronger or weak oil pump ,clogged screen ,

Click on link to view pdf file timing oil tensioner RR

If more help is needed, Please use the reply Tab to continue our conversation.

, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click here or above).

You can Rate at Any Time and we Can Continue to work on your question as This Will Not Close out your Question.

I work on delivering the best answer and help but in some cases,

It can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Shawn Few
I was actually thinking it's the exhaust muffler but your explanation makes sense.
What would be the recommended solution?
Also, the transmission does not change seamlessly sometimes as it feels like it "jumps" when changing (jerks slightly).
What would you suggest I do?

ON THE TRANMSSMISON , I WOULD LIKE TO SERVICE FLUID FIRST AND HAVE IT SCANED FOR FAULTS IF ANY

BUT IF WE HAVE TIMING TENSIONER ISSUE AND TIMING SIGNAL IS INTERMINET THAT WILL EFFECT SHIFTING POINTS OF TRANSMISSION I WANT TI SOLVE THE TIMING ISSUE FIRST

YOU NEED TO TAKE TIMING COVER OF AND GET TIMING CHAIN KIT THAT INCLUDES ALL COMPONENTS NEEDED INCLUDING TENSIONER,TRY EBAY.COM , CHECK OIL PRESSUER WITH GAUGE ,MAKE SURE NO OIL FLOW OR CLOGGED PASSAGE IN THE HEADS , THAT IS IMPORTANT OIL PRESSUER CHECK

GOOD LUCK WITH IT