Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

A few days ago when I went to turn on the heater my air

Customer Question
A few days ago...

A few days ago when I went to turn on the heater my air turned clod?

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the coolant level? Has there been any leaking from the hoses?

No I don't think so ?

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Ford?

2002 Ford Explorer Xlt

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Explorer yourself? What have you tried so far?

If It is a water valve ? Where is it located ?

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Ford
3/23/2018
Ford Mechanic: Mike V., Auto Service Technician replied 6 months ago
Mike V.
Mike V., Auto Service Technician

My name is ***** ***** give me a moment to review your question Thanks.The site will prompt a call.I will let you know if it's necessary

There are a couple possible causes for this problem. If the cooling system is full, then you need to get the engine warmed up and check the two small hoses going into the firewall. If they are both hot, then the heater control valve is working but the blend door inside the truck has failed.

If these are cool to the touch, or one hot and one cold, then it's possible it is the heater control valve. This is mounted on one of the small heater hoses going into the firewall. You can do this test to try and determine which is causing the problem. I am sending you a diagram of the heater control valve location to help you find it.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can do to help.
Just Answer does not compensate me for my time and resources, you do when you rate my answer by using the stars at the top of the page. Payment for your question includes any follow-up questions you may have. Free trials and subscription questions still require ratings. Your question does not close after you rate. You will still be able to contact me by replying to this post.
Thank you so much!