Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

1 2008 Boss 290 in auto it quite often vergis on stalling…

1 2008 Boss 290...

1 2008 Boss 290 in auto it quite often vergis on stalling and has done twice.

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the check engine light on? Does the car stall at idle or when driving?

At idle once I had slowed down to go over a hump the other stopped at the lights and there is no light on

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '08 Ford?

FG XR8 Boss(###) ###-####

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Myself NO haven't taken it anywhere yet, should I take it to a recommended dealer ?

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

When I use the air conditioning then park the car up when you come back the wind screen is wet on the inside and it hasn't been raining.

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/23/2018
HDGENE
HDGENE, Ford Senior Master/Diesel/Trans

Hello, and thank you for using Just Answer! My name is***** me a few moments to review your question and Ill do my best to assist you.

Hello, if it has a stalling issue, make sure there isnt any vacuum leaks or disconnected hoses from the air filter to the engine air intake tube. Even though the check engine light is off, you should run a diagnostic check for codes with a scan tool. If you dont have a scan tool a dealer would be best to look over the vehicle or local shop you are comfortable dealing with. Im not sure what you are saying with the windshield being wet when running the ac? The stalling could be from a vacuum leak, an issue with the mass air flow sensor or idle air control system

HDGENE
HDGENE, Ford Senior Master/Diesel/Trans
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Got the Idling bit thanks, ***** ***** dries the window if its fogged up, we are we are using the ac as norm after getting out of the car when I come back the inside is wet as in droplets of moister . I did ask a very well recommended mechanic to check the ac drain pipe but he said he could not find it, I probably wont go back.

Oh I see, yes it should e easy to find the ac drain, it should be dripping when in use if the humidity is high, just look directly under the ac lines going through the firewall to localize the drain. Thank you!

HDGENE
HDGENE
HDGENE, Ford Senior Master/Diesel/Trans