Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Had to jump start my cmax hybrid - then the yellow wrench…

Customer Question
Had to jump start...

Had to jump start my cmax hybrid - then the yellow wrench came on followed by check engine light

Mechanic's Assistant: Does the light stay on, or does it blink?

Stays on

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your C-MAX Hybrid?

2013, 137,000 miles

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your C-MAX Hybrid yourself? What have you tried so far?

No - could not get into car this morning - had to jump start - no problem, then the lights came on - not at the same time - yellow wrench first

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Ford
3/23/2018
Ford Mechanic: A. Penland, Ford Senior Master Technician, ASE replied 3 months ago
A. Penland
A. Penland, Ford Senior Master Technician, ASE

You need to get the engine battery tested. It is in the rear of the vehicle under the floor panel by the rear hatch. It is used to start the engine, the hybrid battery is used after the vehicle is started.

As for the wrench light and check engine light, you will need to get the vehicle checked for trouble codes. Since it is a hybrid, you will need to also have the hybrid systems tested also.