Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 2001 ford taurus. The ABS light comes on the rpm…

Customer Question
I have a 2001...

I have a 2001 ford taurus . The ABS light comes on the rpm gauge. Why

Mechanic's Assistant: Is it just the ABS light? Or is the brake system warning light on, too?

Sometmes, but not today

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Taurus yourself? What have you tried so far?

I had the battery and cables replaced 2 days ago

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

It hesitates when the light is on and when I start up to go

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Ford
3/22/2018
Ford Mechanic: A. Penland, Ford Senior Master Technician, ASE replied 6 months ago
A. Penland
A. Penland, Ford Senior Master Technician, ASE

The ABS light comes on to warn the driver that the ABS module has detected a problem with the Anti lock braking system and is alerting the drivers. You will still have normal power brakes, just not the anti lock braking during a panic stop. You will need to have the trouble codes retrieved from the ABS module to pin point the actual cause. Any auto parts store can get the trouble codes for you for free. Get the trouble codes and post them on this page and I can help you fix the problem.

I had it in the garage and had the battery and cables replaced. Cost me $245.00 plus. Should the mechanics have known
about this. I told them what was happening and they said it was the battery and cables.

I do not think they were correct. If it was the cables, the light would not be on since they replaced the cables.