Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 2008. I have a 2008 Ford Focus with 103,000 miles.

Customer Question
I have a 2008 ...

I have a 2008

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '08 Ford?

I have a 2008 Ford Focus with 103,000 miles. While accelerating/cruising at 40 mph and above there erupts a chattering vibration and the traction control light activates--sometimes during the episode only or continuously during longer trips. What is the likely problem?

Mechanic's Assistant: While using the cruise control can you accelerate or decelerate? Have you checked the fuses?

I haven't checked what you ask about the cruise control nor have I checked the fuses.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Focus yourself? What have you tried so far?

No, I have an apt. with my mechanic next Monday. He wasn't able to diagnose the problem earlier but now it's gotten much worse.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

What is the charge for his advice?

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Ford
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/22/2018
Ford Mechanic: EricFromCT, Ford Technician replied 3 months ago
EricFromCT
EricFromCT, Ford Technician

Hi. Welcome to chat! My name is ***** ***** I am currently a factory dealer auto mechanic. I will attempt to assist you with your concern today.

From what you describe it sounds like something is loose in the front end. Possible a wheel bearing. A loose wheel bearing can cause the abs sensor to not read and set the traction light. But also, if you had 2 front tires that are different in size you may have the same effect. I would have him check the front end out.

Customer Satisfaction is my #1 goal!

1. I am a FACTORY DEALER auto mechanic and also answer questions here on Just Answer.

2. When you are pleased or happy with my assistance or efforts to help you, at the top of the screen please rate me by clicking on the stars.

3. Rating does not close the post and you're more than welcome to ask follow up questions.

Thank you for using Just Answer and allowing my to assist you!

Focus SES
From what you describe it sounds like something is loose in the front end. Possible a wheel bearing. A loose wheel bearing can cause the abs sensor to not read and set the traction light. But also, if you had 2 front tires that are different in size you may have the same effect. I would have him check the front end out. Customer Satisfaction is my #1 goal!1. I am a FACTORY DEALER auto mechanic and also answer questions here on Just Answer.2. When you are pleased or happy with my assistance or efforts to help you, at the top of the screen please rate me by clicking on the stars.3. Rating does not close the post and you're more than welcome to ask follow up questions.Thank you for using Just Answer and allowing my to assist you!