Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Security light cluster is flashing car won't start. Blink…

Security light cluster is...

Security light cluster is flashing car won't start.

Mechanic's Assistant: Does the light flash, blink or stay solid? Have you tried to reset the security system?

Blink flash

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Ford?

2007

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes. New starter and battery.

3/22/2018
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka-Moose).

• THE TIME I AM ONLINE, 7 days a week normally online around midday and then late evening until early morning.
  • PHONE CALLS are automatically offered by the website normally after my first reply. I complete calls where I feel it is a benefit.
  • UPLOADED LINKS I SEND, if I upload dropbox links, they will open on a home PC, often they fail on a work PC, on a phone use the box on the top right of your phone screen for direct download.

What model vehicle?

Key on, is the theft light flashing rapid like 2 times a second?

Same results from your spare key?

Is the battery voltage good?

Any clue what triggered this?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
2007 ford fusion 2.3 I 4 Key on,theft light is flashing rapid. we do not have a spare key. We replaced the starter and the battery and thats when we had this drama. thanks

When you replace the battery this should not have triggered the PATS anti-theft system to think you are a thief. To be flat out honest. I answer this question on this website about 5 times a week. All my years at the dealer since 2002 a vehicle is towed in with this issue about once every 6 months. Something caused this more than likely than a part failure on the car. I would look around the driver's side of the dash under and on the exterior visible surface for an out of place light, switch, module, or wiring. Someone may have installed an additional alarm system like code alarm and that system has been triggered when you replaced the battery. In the event it is, not something aftermarket then You need a diagnostic tool to program 2 keys back to the vehicle.

You now will see a rating scale 1=bad to-5=excellent because I have posted a full or partial answer instead of an info request. When you rate I get a portion of the deposit you made, no rating means you still paid, but I earn nothing. My goal is understanding your question, and addressing it in full detail. In return, receiving a 5-star rating. Rating does not close the post or stop the conversation. Please keep in contact and reply as much as needed. Thanks, Chris

Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician