Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My mustang driver seat is electronic and stuck in the full…

My mustang driver seat...

My mustang driver seat is electronic and stuck in the full forward position _ all directions work except back. Is there a way to override so the seat will move back as the switch is silent for the back direction

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Mustang?

2006

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Mustang yourself? What have you tried so far?

Nothing as I need to push car out of garage to have room to work

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No I want to know if I can open the switch. And override to make it manual or whatever will allow it to Mack up so I can drive

3/22/2018
David Craig
David Craig, Auto Mechanic

Hi my name is ***** ***** I'll be more than happy to assist you. Please allow me a few minutes to review your information. Thank you

there is no manual override for your seat, the only thing you can do is disconnect the horizontal motor under the seat and apply 12 volts directly to the reverse contact on the motor to see if you can get it to move back, assuming the motor is ok

The motor works forward, up down etc
I am no mechanic just need seat to go back so I can get it to a mechanicWhat would be used as a 12 volt charge
No just doing research so I can try this weekend

you can use a power probe or a long wire from the battery positive to the reverse contact on the horizontal motor

ill get you the location of the horizontal motor and the contact location that you will need to apply the power to

Got it will try saturday

Please note that customer satisfaction is my number one goal and rating this chat session 3 or more stars will be greatly appreciated and will allow any follow-up questions you may have. we can chat back and forth many times until your issue is taken care of.
Thank you for rating my assistance and for using Just Answer.

David Craig
David Craig, Auto Mechanic
It worked so great