Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2017 Expedition EL. Push button start. Suddenly began having…

2017 Expedition EL. Push button...
2017 Expedition EL. Push button start. Suddenly began having a fast audible warning chime after vehicle is off, and door is opened. Lights not on, break not on, etc. I’ve gone through the whole list of what could be left on, engaged. Dealer says it’s normal, I’ve just never noticed it before. Geez. Thank you!
Answered in 1 day by:
3/24/2018
Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Diesel Technician/Electrician

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your question today.

I'm an independent contractor and I don't get paid until a rating has been made.

We can go back and forth as needed to help resolve the issue you are having. Follow-ups are free after ratings, so rate with confidence!

Can you record the sound and share it please? There are a few different tones that the vehicle makes for vehilce park brake not engaged, the sensors, key in console warning (to prevent keys locked in the vehicle), low battery in remote, etc.

_______________________________________________________________________________

You want a 5-star service and I want to provide a 10 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see, touch, smell, hear the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much I can back to you.

Once an answer is provided, you should see a rating screen. Please rate my personal service to you. The ratings are my personal feedback, they are not the site feedback.

Please note: The site does the phone call requests, not I. I do not generate the request. Same as the memberships. The only thing I ask for is a positive 5-star rating, when we are finished, for my personal service to you.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Jeremy

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
I’ve gone through every list I can find to eliminate any issues. I can not record sound, because I’m traveling now for the next month. However, my vehicle has only one sound, and it chimes either normal slow—spaced about at one second intervals. Or a fast, constant chime when something is wrong. This is what I’m experiencing now.
I’ve confirmed the following—
Emergency brake is not on.
Lights are not on.
I have push button ignition, so the keys are not left in the ignition.
I have used different key fobs to eliminate the possibility of a low key fob battery.
I have a keypad combination lock on my doors, which specifically allows for leaving your key fob in the console, which I have done many time without issue so it is not that.
I’ve checked to make sure all windows, moon roof, window vents, cargo doors, cargo door windows are closed tightly.
I even checked to make sure my hood latch is secure.
I’m at a loss.
I did see online where there have been issues over the years with the Ford Chime Module, but the dealer won’t even take a look at it. I’ve called Ford Customer Care, and will transfer my service to another dealership when I return.
Customer reply replied 28 days ago
By the way, I grew up with four older brothers who were very good hobby mechanics (they were constantly buying and rebuilding something or other), and I hung around their garages for years while growing up. I’m older, and have owned a wide variety of vehicles over the years. The dealer has tried to tell me its normal to get a fast warning chime every time I open my car door. And when I told them it had just started doing this, they tried to tell me it had always done this, I just didn’t notice. I notice every little change in my vehicles. My brothers trained me to watch for these things when I was young.
eric remington

o​k well do this call fordmotor company corporate and tell them. say you want to find the problem. the different modules body module etc door lighting modules all need to be checked

c​hecked for abnormal data readings, and or any trouble codes that may exist, and if any software updates are available

w​ould you like me to check alldata Mitchell on demand for any tech bulletins and or recalls that may be available? if so give me vin number and I will check for you. Note that since vehicle is relatively new that this problem may nto have manifested itself enough to be elevated to a recall or tech service bulletin rate

do you want contact info for ford motor company corporate?

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
I’ve contacted them. They issued a case number, but that did no good. No one at the dealership would even take the case number ***** me. I’ll just go to a private mechanic. Take the dealer to small claims court.

lemon law?

I don't know if I can provide a tech bulletin or not I would need a vin number for that.

go to another dealer open the door on same model and listen if its slower get service manager and stick his head in your door

the old its the nature of the beast

so please do rate me as that is how I am compensated

eric remington

If you are satisfied with your answer, please take a moment to rate my service before you go. Experts are not compensated without a positive rating. Providing a rating does not close the question, you can reply or ask additional questions without incurring further charges. Rating my answer positive charges your account the full question value and credits me. Submitting for a refund removes the credit from my account and makes me donate my time and experience for free, which is not my intention. Please only rate positive if you are satisfied and intend on paying for the services you agreed to. Thanks!

if for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT/3 STARS OR HIGHER today. Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better. All follow up responses are FREE, after completing the required rating
Please remember to rate service using the separate rating page. Thank you

https://professional-secure.justanswer.com/chat/index/4b0945d154dd44aa8b6989b1c96d2d38
JUSTANSWER IS AN HONOR SYSTEM AND THE ACCEPT BUTTON MUST BE PRESSED TO CREDIT YOUR EXPERT

EVEN IF YOU ARE ON A SUBSCRIPTION WITH UNLIMITED QUESTIONS YOU MUST STILL PRESS ACCEPT

THANK YOU

t​hank you for choosing Just Answer!

eric remington
eric remington
eric remington