Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Why 2002 E150 Ford Van transmission completely leaked out.

Why 2002 E150 Ford...

Why 2002 E150 Ford Van transmission completely leaked out

Mechanic's Assistant: How old are the hoses? And what driving conditions do you most often encounter?

Less than 5000 miles a year. Probably since 2002.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your E150 yourself? What have you tried so far?

No. Not fixing it myself. Haven't tried anything. Seems the holes in the front by the radiator is hanging

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/22/2018
EricFromCT
EricFromCT, Ford Technician

Hi. Welcome to chat! My name is ***** ***** I am currently a factory dealer auto mechanic. I will attempt to assist you with your concern today.

It is likely that one of the transmission cooler lines have rotted. Or it could be the transmission cooler itself, which is mounted in front of the radiator. Have you had a chance to look yet?

EricFromCT
EricFromCT, Ford Technician
It seems something leaked in the front of the radiator. In 15 minutes everything leaked out.
Waiting for an answer
tims auto repair
Phone call session started

If the leak is in front of the radiator the cooler must be leaking. That is under pressure and would come out fast.

Looking up from underneath in the front should allow you to see the cooler or where the leak is coming from. you may have to put a little more fluid in and then watch to see where it comes out from.