Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Will not shut off power to the system, engine stops but

Will not shut off...

Will not shut off power to the system, engine stops but every thing else remains on.

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? Is it an automatic or a manual transmission?

Auto, 176,000

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Ford?

2004 F150 Heritage

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Heritage yourself? What have you tried so far?

Disconnected the battery, perhaps if to complicated will take it in

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I reset the computer three times, no change

3/22/2018
EricFromCT
EricFromCT, Ford Technician

Hi. Welcome to chat! My name is ***** ***** I am currently a factory dealer auto mechanic. I will attempt to assist you with your concern today.

I

it is possible that the ignition swiitch on the steering column is bad. That would be the first thing to check.

ok will do

SOunds good. Let me know if you need more info. Also note that even after rating this chat session with the stars above, you can still bookmark this page and come back to continue or follow up questions. Thanks.

Customer Satisfaction is my #1 goal!

1. I am a FACTORY DEALER auto mechanic and also answer questions here on Just Answer.

2. When you are pleased or happy with my assistance or efforts to help you, at the top of the screen please rate me by clicking on the stars.

3. Rating does not close the post and you're more than welcome to ask follow up questions.

Thank you for using Just Answer and allowing my to assist you!

Have you checked the ignition switch on your truck yet?

EricFromCT
EricFromCT, Ford Technician