Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2003 Ford Ranger XLT wiper governor location wipers don't…

2003 Ford Ranger XLT...

2003 Ford Ranger XLT wiper governor location wipers don't work at all, install new wiper switch and motor, no blown fuses and relays are all good continuity

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? Has the car been starting normally?

99,000 miles yes starting normally

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Ranger yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes I am, checked all fuses and relays, changed out wiper switch and wiper motor

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

That's it

3/21/2018
HDGENE
HDGENE, Ford Senior Master/Diesel/Trans

Hello, and thank you for using Just Answer! My name is***** me a few moments to review your question and Ill do my best to assist you.

Hello, did the wiring connectors to the wiper/multi function switch look ok, not melted or heated looking. All the wiring is intact, none of the wires are pushing out of the connectors?

Does the washer pump work, no wiper at all? Turn signals and hazzards work?

all wire connectors look great and plugged in correctly, washer pump doesn't work, no voltage when button is depressed
Turn signals and hazzards work
no wipers at all

Ok and you checked all fuses? Here is the circuit schematic. It uses the GEM aka Body control module to control the wiper function, but with everything inop on the switch, I would check all fuses first if you havent. If this looks ok, I can supply a symptom pinpoint wiring test you can perform if needed. Part of the diagnostic is to check the GEM module for codes with a high end scan tool.

Do you need more help with this concern?

I’d checked all fuses, all have great continuity, checked system with scan tool no code appeared. What’s next?

You would run through this test for the wipers Ive attached. Since you have a scan tool to check the gem, you can perform this test. I would suspect a fuse issue for all this not to work. Verify you have battery voltage besides continuity across the fuses.

If you need more help or information please let me know. If I was helpful, please use the 5 stars above to leave a positive rating.

HDGENE
HDGENE, Ford Senior Master/Diesel/Trans
Cary York
Phone call session started