Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

1997 ford f150 accidently fueled with e85. Runs fine only…

Customer Question
1997 ford f150 accidently...

1997 ford f150 accidently fueled with e85

Mechanic's Assistant: Has the vehicle turned into a gas hog? And how does it start -- same as usual?

Runs fine only drove 5 miles

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your F150 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Nothing seems wrong as of now but there is a lot of controversy on what could happen

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

That's it

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Ford
3/21/2018
Ford Mechanic: A. Penland, Ford Senior Master Technician, ASE replied 4 months ago
A. Penland
A. Penland, Ford Senior Master Technician, ASE

Your truck will be fine. Just top the tank off when it gets down to 3/4 full. Do this to keep mixing the fuel to dilute the E85.

E85 is fuel for gas engines, but you cannot run straight E85 constantly for a year or a month. It is mean to be mixed with regular unleaded.