Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My a/c is not cold but blows fine. What could be wrong? No…

Customer Question
My a/c is not...

My a/c is not cold but blows fine. What could be wrong?

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the Freon level?

No and don't know how. Can I buy freon at auto parts store?

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Ford?

2003 Crown Vic

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

I was going to take it to a mechanic who works on it from time to time

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Ford
3/21/2018
Ford Mechanic: Mike V., Auto Service Technician replied 1 month ago
Mike V.
Mike V., Auto Service Technician

My name is ***** ***** give me a moment to review your question Thanks.The site will prompt a call.I will let you know if it's necessary

You can actually purchase a kit from the parts store. The kit comes with a very simple gauge on it, you hook the can and the gauge up and it will tell you if there is low freon. If there is you can add some until it's in the green, then test the air conditioning. Most of the time the cause of it not blowing cold is low freon. It's got sensors in the system to keep the compressor from coming on if it's to high or too low.

If it still won't work, or stops working, then it should be checked professionally.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can do to help.
Just Answer does not compensate me for my time and resources, you do when you rate my answer by using the stars at the top of the page. Payment for your question includes any follow-up questions you may have. Free trials and subscription questions still require ratings. Your question does not close after you rate. You will still be able to contact me by replying to this post.
Thank you so much!

Mike V.
Mike V.
Mike V., Auto Service Technician