Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Remote keyless entry won't work. New batteries. I tried the…

Remote keyless entry won't...

Remote keyless entry won't work. New batteries. I tried the programing deal of 8 cycles of key to run position and locks cycled properly but key fob won't work. Took the plastic panel on passenger side in front of door but don't know what is what and some posts here say something about having to reprogram a new module. What to do??

Mechanic's Assistant: Did the fob come with the vehicle, or did you buy a blank?

It came with

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Ford?

2006 E350 super duty diesel

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your E-350 Super Duty yourself? What have you tried so far?

Doing it myself, I hope. Did the deal of 8 cycles to run on key and locks cycled properly. Then pushed buttons on each fob but locks did not cycle

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Not that I know of

3/21/2018
A. Penland
A. Penland, Ford Senior Master Technician, ASE

Did you leave the key on when you pressed the buttons to train the remotes?

Ok. The problem may be with the Vehicle Security Module. It is mounted under the passenger side of the dash behind the kick panel in the foot area.

Is there anything else besides the buttons on the remote that have to be programmed when I install a new module? Such as by a ford tech.

No programing of the module. Just plug it in and then do the transmitter programing.

A. Penland
Thank you so much

Your very welcome. Thank you.