Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My moon roof on 2016 edge is stuck open. Platium. To hold…

Customer Question
My moon roof on...

My moon roof on 2016 edge is stuck open

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '16 Ford?

Platium

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

To hold switch and pull on glass??

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Ford
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
R u even there
3/21/2018
Ford Mechanic: Shawn Few ,
 replied 1 month ago
Shawn Few

Hi , I see that your question has been sitting for a while and has not been answered ,I m sorry for your wait and I like to assist you on it , if you still have not had the issue resolved

Try resetting using master reset , read below

Master Reset

1-Disconnect Both Battery Cables ,Positive & Negative .

2- Touch Cables With Each Other For 60 Secs ( this will take any residual power in the Harness to Reset the Vehicle Modules )

3- Wait 30 min

4- Close all doors and trunk

5- Reconnect Battery Positive First

6- Use The Key in The Driver Side Door

Lock Cylinder to Lock it & Unlock,IF You have only a Key Fob ,use it to lock and unlock

7- Enter vehicle and Start it and try closing ,if it does ,hold button after it close 10 seconds ,then open it and hold butoon switch open for 10 secs aftr it opens

​if none of that worked , you need to check for track debris ,obstruction, if none worked then

You will need a Capable Factory scanner or equivalent to Read the Fault codes in the sunroof Modules needed here ,that is done by hooking up the scanner to your vehicle DLC data port connector and based on these faults we can pull up a Pin Point Troubleshoot and be Accurate ,If you do get the Faults Read ,Please post them back here for me and I can Help You Further on it and send you the pin point troubleshoot to perform or the most possible causes for it .

If more help is needed, Please use the reply Tab to continue our conversation.

, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click here or above).

You can Rate at Any Time and we Can Continue to work on your question as This Will Not Close out your Question.

I work on delivering the best answer and help but in some cases,

It can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Shawn Few
Shawn Few
Shawn Few