Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Was doing some work on the radiator and didn’t hook back the…

Customer Question
Was doing some work...

Was doing some work on the radiator and didn’t hook back the Hood release from by the hood and accidentally closed it down.

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you hear a thunk when you pull the lever?

It’s not connected at all from under the hood

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Ford?

2008 F 450 superduty automatic diesel

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Me and my cousin. And I haven’t really tried anything yet

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I live in the British Virgin Islands. But I just need to know is there anyway to get it to release so I can get the hood up.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Ford
3/21/2018
Ford Mechanic: Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems replied 3 months ago
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

Hey how are you ,I will Try to Help you with This Issue
In some cases, I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.
I am here Sunday through Friday from around 5 am to 9 pm Eastern time.Zone If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.
If you see a call request on your screen ,That is an automated feature the web site offers all customers.

Take the front grill off, it will have push retainers then using a somewhat flexible rod and get to the cable or latch,easier said then done

CLICK ON LINK TO VIEW PDF FILE FOR THE GRILL RR ,REMOVE AND REPLACE AND PINS LOCATION TO GET IT OFF, THE LATCH ,AND WHERE THE CABLES HOOKS UP IS WHERE YOU WANT TO MOVE IT TO THE RIGHT

IF YOU STANDING OUTSIDE AND LOOKING FORWARD ON THE LATCH

BE PATIENT ,AND HAVING ANOTHER PERSON WILL HELP , GET A FLASH LIGHT AND LET HIM SHINE AT LATCH AND YOU TRY MOVING THE LATCH TO OPEN TO GET YOUR CABLE BACK ON

If more help is needed, Please use the reply Tab to continue our conversation.

, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click here or above).

You can Rate at Any Time and we Can Continue to work on your question as This Will Not Close out your Question.

I work on delivering the best answer and help but in some cases,

It can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.