Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My 2009 f250 radio/cd player is not working i check the 5amp…

my 2009 f250 radio/cd player...
my 2009 f250 radio/cd player is not working i check the 5amp fuse at the lower ibec near lower right kickpanel my concerns are as follows no sound no clock no functions
3/21/2018
Edward
Edward, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and thanks for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will do all I can to help.

Have you got your owners manual by chance? if so, can you check page 322, and take a look a fuses 39 and 41 as well on the interior fuse panel? If you don't have the manual here is a link for it. Let us know if those fuses are good as well. Thank you.

http://www.fordservicecontent.com/Ford_Content/catalog/owner_guides/09f23og3e.pdf

hello fast eddie hope you read my concerns also check all fuses at the lower dash ibec which included fuses 39and41 all sources ok

all fuses, ok, Let me look at the wiring diagram, give me just a few minutes. thank you.

Is it a XL, XLT? FX4? Harley Davidson? etc.? diesel or gas? thank you.

xl gas

At the top of the diagram are the HOT wires, coming from the fuses in the fuse box, To check for power to the Radio, you need to pull the radio and check for power on those wires with the key on with a volt meter or test light, If all three wires have power, and you have ground wires at the bottom, should measure 1 ohm or less when measured right to good clean metal on the chasis. Did you check all that in your power feeds and grounds tests? thanks

the fuses are all good the accessory delay relay is it possible to do a quick swap with another relay as a check not to disrrupt any retained accessory power features or operations before getting involved wiring with resistance and voltage drop tests

Are there any other problems with the truck? windows? etc? The ACC relay does some other stuff as well. the big grey colored relay right in the middle of the fuses box is the ACC relay. (number 48 in the manual) does it pull out? if it does you can replace it and try it, but I would suggest checking for power on these 3 wires back probing the connector at the radio because we still need to know if the wires are good from the central junction box up to the radio. Which I think they are, but need to be 100% sure.

let me try the quick swap before removing the radio to access wiring harness to check feeds an grounds
no such luck going to rere the radio to check the wiring now

Alright, sounds good. If you have power on those 3 wires with the key ON, and ground on those other two wires, and the radio still won't even light up, Then the problem is in the unit itself, likely cracked solder joints. it will need to be exchanged or repaired, I would even check around best buy for a quality replacement. They have some good deals sometimes. Just another idea. let me know if you have any further questions. Thank you!

Hello. Any luck checking power at those 3 wires in the wiring diagram?

the radio is the problem wiring is good feeds and grounds also good thankyou

Alright, was hoping one of them wouldn't have been hot, but if they are all hot, then it's in the unit. let us know if you have any further questions, If your all set please don't forget to rate the question with one of the star icons at the top of the page, Thank you.

Edward
Edward, ASE Certified Technician