Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Water in passage door carpet wet also. F 150 2015. Clean…

Customer Question
Water in passage door...

Water in passage door carpet wet also

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Ford?

F(###) ###-####

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Clean hose out

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Ford
3/21/2018
Ford Mechanic: Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager replied 3 months ago
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager

HI,

Is there any sign of moisture/water along the A-Pillar trim piece(this is the trim piece running vertical up alongside the windshield) or any wetness at the headliner near the passenger door opening

And does yours have a sunroof

no

Ok, and to be sure, there is water inside the door as well as the passenger side footwell?

there is water in foot well

HI,

Does it happen only when it rains or only when using the AC

only when it rains

HI,

Ok, I know there was an issue with leaking at a seam near the windshield behind the A pillar but since you are not seeing any evidence of moisture there, I am no sure of where the leak is from.

I am going to open this back up to other experts. They will see the conversation to this point so they will not have to ask for the information again

it only happens when it rains. this is the second time this has happen
Ford Mechanic: Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician replied 3 months ago
Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician

Hello and welcome to just answer, my name is ***** ***** master tech of over 40 years experience here to help. I cannot see or hear your vehicle so I rely on your patience and input to my questions so I can help you better.I have read your notes and have a question before we proceed.

Ok are you going to try and fix this yourself ? I can give you some tips and walk you through finding this leak if you wish.

Do you still want me to assist you with this issue as I am ready to walk you through the repair. Is there anything else I can do for you ?

sure

Sorry to hear of your dilemma, I will give you the procedure we use in the shop along with a product we found beneficial tracing leaks. I read your replies to the other tech so we can eliminate any of those possibilities and move forward. There are two other drains that could be plugged, these are the cowl drains under the wiper cowling at each side, you will have to remove the wiper blades and cowling to check these by running water down each side to see if they back up. If they seem to flow out good then you may have a leaking windshield seal that would have to be resealed by automotive glass installers. But before we get into that we can use this product [leak tracer] to pinpoint the location . What needs to be done in your situation is to roll back the carpet on the passenger side, remove the little plastic kick plate under the dash making sure you dry the are as much as possible, spray this product under the dash and in that kick plate area on the body parts . Then as you sit inside the vehicle shining a flashlight at that area they spray at have someone spray all over the vehicle on that side including the windshield . side windows and weather strip areas. once you see any water come in, stop spraying and you can follow the traces on that product to where it is coming from.