Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2994 f150 ngine running ruff and trany is acting funny as…

Customer Question
2994 f150 ngine running...

2994 f150 ngine running ruff and trany is acting funny as well...tgey tell me its the ignition coil Does that make sense

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the battery lately?

Brand new

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your F150?

2004

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your F150 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Took it to Canadian tire...they said coil was gone and it probably is causing the other issues

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Ford
3/21/2018
Ford Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 1 month ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka-Moose).

• THE TIME I AM ONLINE, 7 days a week normally online around midday and then late evening until early morning.
  • PHONE CALLS are automatically offered by the website normally after my first reply. I complete calls where I feel it is a benefit.
  • UPLOADED LINKS I SEND, if I upload dropbox links, they will open on a home PC, often they fail on a work PC, on a phone use the box on the top right of your phone screen for direct download.

Here is a good way to see if you have a coil failing. Drive around 45-50mph in overdrive, find a long hill that is not to steep. Lug the engine to the point it is very close to downshifting. If you get a jerking hiccup type issue, then you for sure have one or more coils or plugs needing to be replaced. A scan tool power balance test or mode 6 data test will confirm this and tell you which cylinder if there is not a check engine light on.

You now will see a rating scale 1=bad to-5=excellent because I have posted a full or partial answer instead of an info request. When you rate I get a portion of the deposit you made, no rating means you still paid, but I earn nothing. My goal is understanding your question, and addressing it in full detail. In return, receiving a 5-star rating. Rating does not close the post or stop the conversation. Please keep in contact and reply as much as needed. Thanks, Chris

Chris (aka- Moose), Technician