Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2007 Ford ranger starts shaking at 60 mpg. Unknown. I take…

2007 Ford ranger starts...

2007 Ford ranger starts shaking at 60 mpg

Mechanic's Assistant: When did you last clean or replace your air filter? And are the oxygen sensors in good working order?

Unknown

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Ranger yourself? What have you tried so far?

I take it to pep boys, just had 4 control arm with ball joints and wheel alignment done last weekend

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Shaking more after repair

3/20/2018
Mike V.
Mike V., Auto Service Technician

My name is ***** ***** give me a moment to review your question Thanks.The site will prompt a call.I will let you know if it's necessary

Do you feel it in the steering wheel or the seat of your pants?

Seat of pants
I want an idea of what could be going on before I head to auto shop rather than shot in the dark

Ok, couple things to be checked. Generally if it's in the seat it's in the rear of the vehicle. So I would start by looking at the U joints in the front to rear drive shaft and tire balance.

If it's got disc brakes, it's possible one is sticking a bit in the back and heating up the rotor. This will also cause this type of vibration. Most of the time though it's a tire balance or universal joint. I can't image the tires haven't been balanced yet, but if not, I would start there. Balance the rear tires.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can do to help.
Just Answer does not compensate me for my time and resources, you do when you rate my answer by using the stars at the top of the page. Payment for your question includes any follow-up questions you may have. Free trials and subscription questions still require ratings. Your question does not close after you rate. You will still be able to contact me by replying to this post.
Thank you so much!

Mike V.
Mike V., Auto Service Technician