Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 2011 ford f150 driving down road and it jus shut…

Customer Question
I have a 2011...

I have a 2011 ford f150 driving down road and it jus shut off and crank had it scanned it gave p1636 code so i had a new key made and now im not getting any power 2 my fuel pump nothing at all

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuel supply? And are all the spark plugs working?

Yes and i just put new fuel pump on still no power

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your F150 yourself? What have you tried so far?

No and tested everything no power fuel pump not coming on

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No thats it just wanted to know if its theft mode or what can I do

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Ford
3/20/2018
Ford Mechanic: jim, ASE Certified Technician replied 3 months ago
jim
jim, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and welcome

My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today

Here is the testing procedures

First check for any PCM codes and address as needed.

Then check for any codes in the restraint control module. The restraint control module is wired directly to the fuel pump driver module and can disable the fuel pump.

If there are no codes in either module, access the fuel pump driver module.

Unplug the driver module and perform the attached bypass procedure.

Attempt to operate the fuel pump and start the engine.

If the fuel pump still does not operate, check the power and ground to the fuel pump while the bypass is still in place. Note the power comes from the fuel pump relay, which is powered by fuse 27. If the power and ground to the fuel pump are ok, yet the pump won't run, replace the fuel pump.

If the fuel pump runs and the engine starts with the bypass in place, check the wiring between the PCM and the fuel pump driver module before suspecting a driver module failure. In most cases, if the fuel pump driver module is replaced, it is a good idea to replace the connector for it as well.

It is my goal to give you 5 star service, so please give me a 5 star rating before leaving today.