Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a C1525 code on my 2008 escape hybrid, i installed a…

Customer Question
Hi i have a...

Hi i have a C1525 code on my 2008 escape hybrid, i installed a used abs HCU module and tried to reprogram it using ids but the process stops at front left tire , ive tried to bleed it 3 times and reprogram it 3 times but its all the same every time

Mechanic's Assistant: How old are the tires? And have they been a problem in the past?

No this is about the brakes not the tire, there where no problems in the past

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Escape Hybrid yourself? What have you tried so far?

Im currently at an auto shop and they dont seem to know why the reprogramming wont go through the whole process

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Ford
3/21/2018
Ford Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 3 months ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka-Moose).

• THE TIME I AM ONLINE, 7 days a week normally online around midday and then late evening until early morning.
  • PHONE CALLS are automatically offered by the website normally after my first reply. I complete calls where I feel it is a benefit.
  • UPLOADED LINKS I SEND, if I upload dropbox links, they will open on a home PC, often they fail on a work PC, on a phone use the box on the top right of your phone screen for direct download.

Are you using a pressure bleeder or the old school press the pedal and open the bleeder method?

manual old school method opening the bleeder and pressing the pedal. When i use ids and it asks to press the brake pedal 30 times when i reach the left front wheel, it only reaches 10 presses counted and stops there, and ive tried going through the process multiple times.

To be honest I too have run into issues doing a manual bleed on the hybrid being it is not like the straight gas engine. I would do a pressure bleed then go through the IDS steps. See this link https://www.dropbox.com/s/prn7ueve3iycvk0/brakebleed.pdf?dl=0

You now will see a rating scale 1=bad to-5=excellent because I have posted a full or partial answer instead of an info request. When you rate I get a portion of the deposit you made, no rating means you still paid, but I earn nothing. My goal is understanding your question, and addressing it in full detail. In return, receiving a 5-star rating. Rating does not close the post or stop the conversation. Please keep in contact and reply as much as needed. Thanks, Chris

I tried to do that and it didnt help or fix the problem.When i try to use the brake pedal after i clear the codes , i also get the code U2023 and C1524. The brake pedal is stiff and hard but it doesnt feel like the brake booster is working because it requires a strong push for the brakes to work

Since the power bleed to fails then the options are an OEM replacement ABS or I can provide the diag steps from Ford for these codes.

could you please provide the steps please?

Hello, Chris here again,

I am checking in to make sure you got everything you expected from my response. If any part of my response is unclear, please let me know. It’s my goal to deliver excellent service, so if I've done that, please don't forget to give me a 5-star rating.You can still reply. I want to make sure you were pleased with what you paid for.

Thanks Chris