Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I took a relay out and put it right back in, and now truck…

Customer Question
I took a relay...

I took a relay out and put it right back in, and now truck doesn't have any electrical power at all, nothing comes on

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? Has the car been starting normally?

270000 and no, it has been starting rough the last 2 mornings, then running perfect through the day.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Ford?

2001 sport trac

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes, and just checking the fuel pump relay, with the result I just described

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Ford
3/20/2018
Ford Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 6 months ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka-Moose).

• THE TIME I AM ONLINE, 7 days a week normally online around midday and then late evening until early morning.
  • PHONE CALLS are automatically offered by the website normally after my first reply. I complete calls where I feel it is a benefit.
  • UPLOADED LINKS I SEND, if I upload dropbox links, they will open on a home PC, often they fail on a work PC, on a phone use the box on the top right of your phone screen for direct download.

Which relay was removed?

What is the battery voltage?

I'm not sure, It was one of the larger square block ones, switched it with one that was exactly the same...part numbers, etc.
that's all that I did
now I have a continuous clicking sound coming from the inside of the truck, the key is off and removed from ignition and still have clicking sound

What is the battery voltage?

Do the headlights work?

Angel, I need to step out for a while. I can continue to help later. So far you are giving me plenty of symptoms that point to a weak battery or poor connections at the battery. Can you try a jump start and let me know those results?

You now will see a rating scale 1=bad to-5=excellent because I have posted a full or partial answer instead of an info request. When you rate I get a portion of the deposit you made, no rating means you still paid, but I earn nothing. My goal is understanding your question, and addressing it in full detail. In return, receiving a 5-star rating. Rating does not close the post or stop the conversation. Please keep in contact and reply as much as needed. Thanks, Chris