Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

I took a relay out and put it right back in, and now truck

Customer Question

I took a relay out and put it right back in, and now truck doesn't have any electrical power at all, nothing comes on
JA: How many miles are on the car? Has the car been starting normally?
Customer: 270000 and no, it has been starting rough the last 2 mornings, then running perfect through the day.
JA: What is the model/year of your Ford?
Customer: 2001 sport trac
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes, and just checking the fuel pump relay, with the result I just described
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 8 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka-Moose).

• THE TIME I AM ONLINE, 7 days a week normally online around midday and then late evening until early morning.
  • PHONE CALLS are automatically offered by the website normally after my first reply. I complete calls where I feel it is a benefit.
  • UPLOADED LINKS I SEND, if I upload dropbox links, they will open on a home PC, often they fail on a work PC, on a phone use the box on the top right of your phone screen for direct download.

Which relay was removed?

What is the battery voltage?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I'm not sure, It was one of the larger square block ones, switched it with one that was exactly the same...part numbers, etc.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
that's all that I did
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
now I have a continuous clicking sound coming from the inside of the truck, the key is off and removed from ignition and still have clicking sound

What is the battery voltage?

Do the headlights work?

Angel, I need to step out for a while. I can continue to help later. So far you are giving me plenty of symptoms that point to a weak battery or poor connections at the battery. Can you try a jump start and let me know those results?

You now will see a rating scale 1=bad to-5=excellent because I have posted a full or partial answer instead of an info request. When you rate I get a portion of the deposit you made, no rating means you still paid, but I earn nothing. My goal is understanding your question, and addressing it in full detail. In return, receiving a 5-star rating. Rating does not close the post or stop the conversation. Please keep in contact and reply as much as needed. Thanks, Chris