Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Mirror question. My 2015 mirrors have the power adjust,

Mirror question. My 2015...

Mirror question. My 2015 mirrors have the power adjust, blinker, with heat and auto dim (8pin). I swapped them out for tow mirrors with same set up and mirrors are 8 pin as well. I would like for the running lights to work with the main switch. Does the computer need flashed or do I need to wire them up? A wire diagram would be very helpful as well.

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?

Running lights on the tow mirrors. They only come on when I lock and unlock the doors but I want them to come on when I turn my parking/headlights on

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '15 Ford?

It's a XLT Crew with tow package. But my truck and mirrors only have the small plug (8pin )

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

I just installed the mirrors and plugged them in. I didn't want to do a harness swap and go to the 22 pin. The options that came with truck minus auto dim work. I want the running lights to work as well. I don't know if I will have to run a wire to a parking light, splicing into it or have the computer flashed

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Nope...that pretty much it

Answered in 1 hour by:
3/20/2018
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka-Moose).

• THE TIME I AM ONLINE, 7 days a week normally online around midday and then late evening until early morning.
  • PHONE CALLS are automatically offered by the website normally after my first reply. I complete calls where I feel it is a benefit.
  • UPLOADED LINKS I SEND, if I upload dropbox links, they will open on a home PC, often they fail on a work PC, on a phone use the box on the top right of your phone screen for direct download.

Is this an F150 or Super Duty?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
F150
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Email will be fine I'm currently driving a semi so I won't be able to just look at the truck

Here are the wire diagrams. https://www.dropbox.com/s/2360mvj2tmle1ov/extmirror.pdf?dl=0

If you only have 8 pin mirrors then you just have turn signals, not parking lights. The mirrors with parking lights have 20+ wires to them. So you not only need different mirrors, you need extra wiring as well.

You now will see a rating scale 1=bad to-5=excellent because I have posted a full or partial answer instead of an info request. When you rate I get a portion of the deposit you made, no rating means you still paid, but I earn nothing. My goal is understanding your question, and addressing it in full detail. In return, receiving a 5-star rating. Rating does not close the post or stop the conversation. Please keep in contact and reply as much as needed. Thanks, Chris

Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
in other words, I will have to do some wiring.Not a big deal. Thanks

That is correct.

Chris (aka- Moose), Technician