Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Interchaing 4.6 07 f150 to 2010 5.4 engine. Interchangeing…

Customer Question
Interchaing 4.6 07 f150...

Interchaing 4.6 07 f150 to 2010 5.4 engine

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? Is it an automatic or a manual transmission?

Interchangeing 4.6 07 f150 to 2010 5.4 engine

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your F150 yourself? What have you tried so far?

I just want to t know if that engine will interchange

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Ford
3/20/2018
Ford Mechanic: Steve, Automotive Expert replied 4 months ago
Steve
Steve, Automotive Expert

unfortunately for this to work all of the car's electronics and wiring would need to be changed in order for all systems to integrate properly with the new engine. So, it will physically fit, but will be nearly impossible to make work, so it isn't worth attempting. It would cost more than just buying a working 5.4 vehicle to make it work.

sorry if you were hoping for a different answer but I trust that my honest and prompt response is appreciated.

If you need more help please use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, please consider rating me as 5 STAR!! It is much appreciated. You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question after you rate if needed - rating will not close out your question. Please do not forget to leave a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my time and answer, thank you.